where to get an incubator

ohsnapitscharity

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
columbia
anyone know of any good places to check for a free and cheap incubator? i really want to hatch some pekin eggs next season but would prefer a cheap incubator if possible. anyway let me know.

happi752

Songster
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Casa Grande
build one. we built ours for under 50 bucks. (38 to be exact). if you want some help give me a shout on PM and I can give you some help on how to build it. it is easy to build.

ChanceRider

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Somerset, CA
Early this spring I bought a GQF Sportsman cabinet model from a friend for $150., and thought I got a great deal. For some reason I kept checking Craig's List every day for incubators and REALLY lucked out.... I found two more GQF's, one a Sportsman incubator the other a GQF hatcher, in great condition for $50. each. I grabbed them up so fast my own head spun!

So, check Craig's List every day, maybe put out a wanted ad on CL. If you're looking for a smaller unit, maybe a wanted ad on Freecycle. Great deals are out there if you're patient and persistent! Good luck... but be forewarned... hatching is addictive!

Lil Chickie Mama

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
California
Do a search for homemade incubator or Styrofoam incubator. Many people have had luck with making their own and if you aren't planning to do too many at a time it should work well for you. HTH!

Top Bottom