Where to get celadon quail?

I bought mine on eBay, I payed too much, they got lost in the mail, and arrived 6 days late after no progress for almost a week. The seller informed me she didn’t cover usps issues and all packages are covered up to $50 so take it up with them.

Anyway, I set them at 9pm on day 9 from hatch, I had never hatched anything before, but from my 36 eggs, 21 hatched, I lost 2 shrink wraps before I tried to help them, or I would have had 23, the one I helped lived and is the frickin worst trouble maker, even with maximum wing clip he soars like a sparrow lol. I lost one who was deformed at hatch, and one a few hours after hatch for seemingly no reason, bad genes I guess. The other 19 are all well. I have not had any eggs yet, they are just under 5 weeks, so I don’t know how many blue layers I’ll have.

I’m a couple hours south of you, or else you would be welcome to some Roos this weekend lol, I’m about to send the first group to freezer camp.

I bought mine on eBay, I payed too much, they got lost in the mail, and arrived 6 days late after no progress for almost a week. The seller informed me she didn’t cover usps issues and all packages are covered up to $50 so take it up with them.

Anyway, I set them at 9pm on day 9 from hatch, I had never hatched anything before, but from my 36 eggs, 21 hatched, I lost 2 shrink wraps before I tried to help them, or I would have had 23, the one I helped lived and is the frickin worst trouble maker, even with maximum wing clip he soars like a sparrow lol. I lost one who was deformed at hatch, and one a few hours after hatch for seemingly no reason, bad genes I guess. The other 19 are all well. I have not had any eggs yet, they are just under 5 weeks, so I don’t know how many blue layers I’ll have.

I’m a couple hours south of you, or else you would be welcome to some Roos this weekend lol, I’m about to send the first group to freezer camp.

21 out of 36 isn’t bad for shipped eggs, nor your first hatch! Do you remember the name of the seller?

There are a couple people in my area that have them. I know one doesn't ship, the other might, but they are very, very expensive.

I'm hoping to be getting a bunch of celadon eggs to hatch this weekend.

Let me know how it goes! It’s a shame that they’re so costly and hard to acquire, I’d really love to get my hands on some

Wow, that’s crazy!!

I don’t even know how much normal eggs are, I’m guessing like 10-20 per dozen depending on variety? If so, I paid more than 2x that haha. It was my Mother’s Day gift, I received the incubator for Christmas, the coop for bday, and then the eggs. So I feel like my husband and kids got their money’s worth since they actually hatched on Mother’s Day, and we have gotten a lot of joy from hatching and raising them :)

I don’t plan to buy more any time soon unless we have some kind of predator tragedy so I decided to get what I really wanted right from the start. The egg cost is really so small compared to everything else I’ve bought, a lot of things I’d do differently, all things totaled I think the quail have cost me nearly $650, but it covered all holidays for the last 6 months lol and I plan for that incubator to last through many hatches.

Back
Top Bottom