Where to get chicks in Los Angeles? And, is Petfinder a bad idea?

skatcatla

Songster
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
I see there are lots of chicks that need homes on Petfinder, but of course no photos so I have no idea what breed, how healthy, etc.

Otherwise, where's a good place to get them? I've called a few feed stores but none of them seem to be able to tell me what breeds they get and when, they all just seem to take what's sent to them! Is that odd?

They probally get what is sent to them because it is cheaper for them to do it that way. Just go pick some out and post pics and we can figure out what they are. As for petfinder. It's a great way to get unwanted roosters or spent(old) hens. .. probally not what you are looking for at this time.

I too was looking for chickens in the L.A. area. I spoke with a feed store in Norco and asked where I could get some. I was told that there is a lady that sells from her front yard at the corner of Detroit and Sierra in Norco. I am driving out there to check it out hopefully next week (when the coop is comp). I'll let you know something more then.

I am selling some of my almost 4 week old chicks. I live in Whittier. (It's close to LA)

Bubba

Last edited:
Quote:
That is Celeste Tittle. I've bought a bunch of birds from her. She has all kinds of different breeds to choose from, but they are usually show quality (ie $$). I actually just dropped off two little ones to her last week.

Back
Top Bottom