Where to get crested runners?

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I was wondering if anyone knew of hatcheries that sell day old crested runners. I know Ideal does, but they only have one color.

Where have others gotten their crested runners?

Does anyone breed them anywhere remotely near the midwest? lol

I'm contemplating getting two more ducks, but i only want to do so if i can get a crested runner or two. I would like a fawn and white, and a chocolate or a white. I really would like at least one crested runner, i love those little poofs!

Yeah those poof are really cute! I got one at a feed store a long time ago with my first ever "herd" of duckling. She was just the cutest thing.

I'm hoping to be able to get a crested fawn and white, and then a regular chocolate. I don't even know if chocolates will come with crests.... And no one seems to sells Bali ducks in this country... hmmmm....

Does anyone else know of anywhere else to get them?

I don't hatch my own eggs, and I prefer to get them sexed so there's no guess work for me. I've gotten six females so far, so i think i'd be pressing my luck if i got unsexed ducks hoping for girls. lol.

I don't mind needing to buy extras that i can give away, so i guess i can get a minimum of 10 or so...

Does anyone around the midwest breed their own?

So six ducks isn't enough?! I think you have quacked up....lol!!! I'm sure I will be the same once I get my first ducks.

Duck are like pringles.... one is not enough... the whole can on the other hand.....
smile.png

My OCD tendancies says I have only one fawn and white, and one chocolate.... but I have two blacks, and two blues.... it's not even! lol. I need two more it fill it out. joe says maybe we'll think about getting two more once the little ones we have now are old enough to lay.
smile.png
I want to be ready when the time comes.

Quote:
I'm convinced I'm going to come home from work one day and find Nettie with a huge smile on her face holding a box with 20 ducklings in it.
big_smile.png

he.gif
I have a friend that had a flock of runners - all of which carried the crested gene. It was the same flock I got my Spotacus from, he carried the gene too
he.gif
But she sold her flock and doesnt have any contact info for the new owner, else id hook you up when you come down here.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom