where to get dewormer (Or what to ask for?)

Valbazen is a brand name of the compound albendazole. Valbazen is to Albendazole as Kleenex is to facial tissue. 11.36% albendzole translates to 113.6mg/ml -- it is a concentration. Albendazole is the only active ingredient, the rest of it is some sort of inert agent to suspend the stuff. Don't ask me why it is such a ridiculous number, I have NO idea.
I usually talk about meds with both the most common brand name, and the active compound in parenthesis- or vice versa. Most people know the dewormer Wazine, but it is really piperazine- so I typically list both.

Quote:

Thanks, mypicklebird, for that info, and you're right about Wikipedia; it's not always thorough, BUT... When you say that you have a bottle of Valbazen 11.36% albendazole, what does that mean... 11.36% Valbazen or 11.36% albendazole or could it mean that it's a bottle of Valbazen with 11.36% being albendazole. If it's the latter, then Valbazen and albendazole are not the same product.

Quote:
Thanks, mypicklebird, for that info, and you're right about Wikipedia; it's not always thorough, BUT... When you say that you have a bottle of Valbazen 11.36% albendazole, what does that mean... 11.36% Valbazen or 11.36% albendazole or could it mean that it's a bottle of Valbazen with 11.36% being albendazole. If it's the latter, then Valbazen and albendazole are not the same product.

Thanks, mypicklebird! Glad you're on here; now we know what to look for.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom