Where to get ducklings??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Adri_San27, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Adri_San27

Adri_San27 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    After the failed incubation of my duck eggs, I'm looking for good website that will ship a small amount of ducklings (probably 4-5). Any recommendations?

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    You want some more duck eggs? [​IMG] I have way too many sitting on my kitchen counter wanting someone to put them in a bator.

P.S. Your quail eggs are on their way. If I'd known you wanted duck eggs I'd have stuck them in there!

3. Adri_San27

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    I'm so excited for the quail eggs! I had some buttons hatch recently and now its empty!! Noooo!! lol. First time its been totally empty since I got it!!

4. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:You sound like me!! I have unplugged my bator for 3 days in the last year and couldn't handle it for any longer than that! I keep telling myself I'm going to unplug it when this batch is done, but then I keep adding eggs... [​IMG]

5. Adri_San27

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    What kind of ducks do you have?? I want to try incubating duck eggs again but don't know if I can wait a whole 28 days!

6. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Males are a mallard and a buff/pekin mix. Girls are a mallard, 2 buff crested, and a pekin. So basically they're mutts. [​IMG]

7. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Also if you wanting just 4-5 in which they'd probly be between $4-6 each you could order from ideal, Their $25 minium so that would add up to about the right amount

8. Adri_San27

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    Does Ideal ship this time of year though?? Looking at the website it says it ships only from February to May.

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    they ship all the time.. hmm.... i got ducks form them in january last year, lol, they ship some ducks all winter long.

you could also try metzer farms... I got my ducks from there and they have a low minimum. Not all of their ducks are avsilable all year though...

10. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    It just says that they dont ship on sundays or mondays during this time

"During the months of February through May, IDEAL will be shipping poultry Sunday through Wednesday. IDEAL hatches 52 weeks each year and most shipments will be made on Tuesday and Wednesday during the remaining months. "

You could still get them now....they just only ship two days a week instead of 4

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by