Where to get eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by glewis121, Oct 25, 2009.

1. glewis121

glewis121 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Since my quail stopped laying, mostly likely until spring because they were outside a few days too long before they got moved into the garage while the 8x12 shed is finished for their new barn.

I was wondering where to buy quail eggs from.

I have plenty of room in the garage and basement and would like to incubate about 30 coturnix over the winter.

I know that it is late in the year and getting cold as I am located in the Northeast, but can eggs be shipped this time of year?

Let me know if it is ok to ship eggs and where to get them.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Look at the bottom of the index page at the Buy/Sell/Trade section and under 'other poultry'. There should be lots of opportunities.

3. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    where in the NE are you? I am also and a few of my hens are still laying so I could possbly have some eggs for you.

4. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    put some lights on them. ya can put them on a timer so ya dont need to mes with them. they will go back to laying just make sure they get about 14 16 hours of light

5. goodheart101

goodheart101 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2009
    I have a bunch right now I would send you if you want to give me your address, just removed the eggs last night from all my cages, and I do not know what to do with them. I could mail them out tomorrow

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    As Kullas said, if you put lights on them, they should start back up. However, it's not quite that easy. Ironsun told me that I would need to gradually increase my birds' light over the course of a week or two, so they think that summer time is back, rather than just going from 11-12 hours right up to 14-16 hours.

7. glewis121

glewis121 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    I just ordered a new bator and it won't be here for about 2 weeks so I would need the eggs then. Thanks for the offers I'll let you know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by