WHERE TO GET GET CHICKENS ONLINE

chickkkkkylove

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 29, 2013
I'm new at this so I need help. I want to know where to get chickens online. I mean pullet, so if you could put links where to get pullets please thank you so much.
smile.png

I'm new at this so I need help. I want to know where to get chickens online. I mean pullet, so if you could put links where to get pullets please thank you so much.
smile.png
There are several hatcheries on line, you can do a search on google, or you can go to the sponsers on BYC. I will agree that you can find many on Craigslist, which can save you shipping charges, or you can call your local feed and seed store. Most feed stores have chicks for sale in the spring.

We have purchased Chicks from McMurray Hatchery, Tractor Supply, Craigslist, and our County C0-Op Exchange. When using a hatchery you get a better selection of birds, but you pay a little extra in shipping.

Good luck and welcome to BYC.

Ideal Poultry

Murry McMurry Hatchery

Mt. Healthy Hatcheries

Cackle Hatchery

Click on any of these and search for what they have available. These are just four of the many hatcheries out there but are maybe some of the best at least in my opinion. No one ever has everything you may want at a given time. Pullets aren't always available so you have to search and maybe just wait till the hatchery of your chose has birds old enough or of sufficient quantities to supply everyone that is searching at the particular time.

It shouldn't take you long to look around on all these sites and see what they have available and find when what you are looking for is available. It takes a little research and PATIENCE sometimes to find what you want but look around and in a few months you should be able to gather enough knowledge and birds that you will have a nice flock hanging around in the backyard.

Just one more of my opinions, stay away from MY Pet Chicken .com as they have a very bad reputation amongst a lot of posters in this forum and others. They are apparently resellers, not a real hatchery, that buy from major hatcheries and resell to folks that are looking for their first birds who often complain about their experience.

Ideal Poultry

Murry McMurry Hatchery

Mt. Healthy Hatcheries

Cackle Hatchery

Click on any of these and search for what they have available. These are just four of the many hatcheries out there but are maybe some of the best at least in my opinion. No one ever has everything you may want at a given time. Pullets aren't always available so you have to search and maybe just wait till the hatchery of your chose has birds old enough or of sufficient quantities to supply everyone that is searching at the particular time.

It shouldn't take you long to look around on all these sites and see what they have available and find when what you are looking for is available. It takes a little research and PATIENCE sometimes to find what you want but look around and in a few months you should be able to gather enough knowledge and birds that you will have a nice flock hanging around in the backyard.

Just one more of my opinions, stay away from MY Pet Chicken .com as they have a very bad reputation amongst a lot of posters in this forum and others. They are apparently resellers, not a real hatchery, that buy from major hatcheries and resell to folks that are looking for their first birds who often complain about their experience.
This list of online hatcheries is what most folks use here, but several of them are currently out of stock at the moment til 2014, if you are planning on getting them right away, I would suggest Mt. Healthy, we just received a shipment of 50+1 BO's and received an additional 25 RIR's free with the shipment. We ordered them last week, they hatched on the 19th, shipped out on the 20th, and I picked them up at our post office on the 21st. Note on the BO's there was a +1, they added an extra in there in case any were lost in shipment, but not a one died. They have been happily chirping away in the brooders now since yesterday and are enjoying being spoiled in their new home. My hats off to Mt. Healthy.

+1

Order from your local Hatchery. We also use Mt. Healthy out of Ohio since we are in the Midwest (VERY happy with their service). Local feed stores and Tractor Supply pretty much gets their chicks from the Hatcheries. Out local Tractor Supply store gets their chicks from Mt. Healthy via USPS delivery and marks them up a tad. Craigs List is an option of you want full grown or older chickens (as mentioned be careful though).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom