Where to get pullets?

At Tractor Supply they are like $2 per chick.
Depends on the Tractor Supply I guess... chicks at mine were starting at $3.50 apiece- for straight runs. $4.50 and up for pullets. Supply and demand I guess... we just picked ours up yesterday and have been trying since their Chick Days started on Feb 20. While we were there 5 calls came in asking about chick availability.

Has anybody bought any pullets online? I've watched some reviews of people purchasing pullets online, but the only issue is that the pricing plus shipping is expensive. I've reached out to my local supply store and they have 2-4 month olds for $25-30. Is this a good price or should I wait to get baby chicks once it gets warmer in MN? I want to increase my flock for eggs and enjoyment, but I've experienced raising baby chicks and you need a lot of patience.
That sounds about right. One year I bought 5 point of lay pullets for $120, a discount from $30 each he was asking.

Depends on the Tractor Supply I guess... chicks at mine were starting at $3.50 apiece- for straight runs. $4.50 and up for pullets. Supply and demand I guess... we just picked ours up yesterday and have been trying since their Chick Days started on Feb 20. While we were there 5 calls came in asking about chick availability.
Yeah, its just a rough. I’ve been to four and none i saw cost more then two so that’s why i said that.

Last edited:
We paid $4.49 each for 4 pullets (hopefully). The two barred rocks were smaller than the olive Egger and the Americauna, but at 8 days they have caught up and all are roosting on their little roost, fluffing their little feathers. I want 4 more (minimum purchase). Got to the store an hour early to be first in line.

Has anybody bought any pullets online? I've watched some reviews of people purchasing pullets online, but the only issue is that the pricing plus shipping is expensive. I've reached out to my local supply store and they have 2-4 month olds for $25-30. Is this a good price or should I wait to get baby chicks once it gets warmer in MN? I want to increase my flock for eggs and enjoyment, but I've experienced raising baby chicks and you need a lot of patience.
My first flock was pullets, 9 wk old RIR, 8 wk Australorp, 6 wk buff & white Orp and 4 wk barred rock. The two oldest were witches and attacked the younger ones, I only bonded with the rock, she was mauled by the others when we were out of town for a few days. My thought was they weren't used to being handled and I wasn't experienced enough to fix it. They were healthy and laid eggs.. Don't know if I would go that route again.

We paid $4.49 each for 4 pullets (hopefully). The two barred rocks were smaller than the olive Egger and the Americauna, but at 8 days they have caught up and all are roosting on their little roost, fluffing their little feathers. I want 4 more (minimum purchase). Got to the store an hour early to be first in line.
At tractor supply? You bought pullets from tractor supply?

Back
Top Bottom