where to get red golden pheasants?

nigma

Chirping
Feb 8, 2021
Any recommendations on where to buy fertilized eggs, or maybe young chicks online?
some of the sites have them super expensive!

Also... how loud are the male Pheasants? are they tolerable in a suburb type setting?

The male 'Golden pheasant' doesn't crow all the time. In an urban area I would be surprised if anyone even noticed the call or thought it was some wild bird call. Most of the year they are pretty quiet!

Breeding season is their most voicetorus time of the year. The hens are mostly quite all the time, occasionally, they will make a chirping sound but it isn't loud and would be mistaken for a native wild bird.
Here's a vid of a juvenile golden being noisy.

Last edited:
Where are you located?Try craigslist,there's always something on there,but some people think they are rare and ask ridiculous money for them.Chicks you should be able to get for 10-20 each.Fall birds around 50.00-60.00 per pair.I hope to have some,but hatching season this year is not good.In N.H.,Tony

We are in So-cal area, I only found one person selling them at an okay price($30 a chick) not too far away... but i am a bit hesitant about the blood line/purity?
Online is like 200-300.... so i was wondering you guys buy them from somewhere pro?

30.00 a chick?This is why we are not getting new people raising pheasants.These guys are charging way too much money for them and it discourages young people from joining in.
200.00-300.00?You can get eared pheasants for that kinda money.Goldens are considered common birds and dont cost much.
Try Bob Jungman in Fresno,Paul Kao in Northridge,Bill Morrison in Paradise,
I can pm you their contacts if you need them.
In N.H.,Tony

Back
Top Bottom