Ash-Honeydew-and-Pepper

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2020
So we got 3 ducks last year (Ash, Honeydew, and Pepper Hence my username lol), and we were curiously looking for more to add to our flock. When we ran across the silver swedish ducks, they're gorgeous! But I couldn't find any hatcheries or local farms that sold them. The only way I seemed to be able to find some would to buy blue swedish eggs and hatch them and just hope for a silver swedish female. Do you guys have any ideas or know any places that sell them?

I happened to get a Silver Swedish in a group of "clearance" ducklings at TSC last spring...I think that particular TSC is supplied by Hoover's Hatchery.

Best of luck with your quest!

9B1FD623-0F99-4BCC-A1B2-3956D022DB63.jpeg

If you provide us with your location we may be able to find some breeder's near you.(Location does not need to be specific)

Oh yeah that might be important lol, I'm around the Wisconsin-Illinois area.

I happened to get a Silver Swedish in a group of "clearance" ducklings at TSC last spring...I think that particular TSC is supplied by Hoover's Hatchery.

Best of luck with your quest!

View attachment 2035598

They're so pretty!

Yeah, I haven’t heard of anyone that sells just the silvers, but if you breed two blues together, 25 percent of the ducklings will be silver. I’m sure if you order blues from a hatchery, some of the ducklings will be silver. Good luck!

Yeah, I haven’t heard of anyone that sells just the silvers, but if you breed two blues together, 25 percent of the ducklings will be silver. I’m sure if you order blues from a hatchery, some of the ducklings will be silver. Good luck!

I heard of that happening, there is a old post on here from 2009 where someone got a silver, brown, and blue Swedish duck from ordering from a hatchery, I'm not sure what hatcherys does that though so ill keep looking!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom