Where to get winter chicks

Very sorry for your loss. I was in fact going to suggest hoovers, because i ordered chicks from them last month (september), & i know they ship Some breeds year 'round. Suggestions of others confirm other hatcheries ship all year too. I encourage u to get new chicks asap to help your heart heal. Just keep in mind (& guard yourself) that chicks MIght not arrive alive this time of year. (Maybe have someone else pick them up at post office just in case?) As long as they arrive safely, u will have chicks to enjoy watching them grow through the winter months, & eggs to enjoy next spring. 🙂

Just check Craigslist, people who bought chicks earlier this year to give them something to do during quarantine are getting rid of them left and right.

Also check your state on the Where am I? -where are you? threads here on BYC. I've gotten chicks from BYC members before who ordered extras.

@DesertGrrl Checking out! Some interesting options too... Thanks!

@svh None of those around here unfortunately. Mostly TSC and they are done.

@Allsfairinloveandbugs Good point... That's a good idea to have someone else go!

@nuthatched Yeah I was pretty surprised how empty the Craigslist near me was for non-Roosters. Nearest seller was well over an hour away! Normally it's my go-to.

@CaroleW Ahh thanks!! I checked the normal sales page but I just got frustrated having to page through a bunch that didn't have locations listed at the top. This sounds like a better bet!

Back
Top Bottom