Where to look for nesting guinea?

Quote:
I sure did lol! Thing is though, I had a BO and a JG hen go broody the same day. I'm really thinking about loading them up with these eggs. I have let them raise chicks before and they are great moms. I worry about the keets diets though. Not sure if momas will get the keets enough protien to help them grow right. I'm on the fence about it, but I'm laid up with a cast for a bit, and turning these eggs is starting to be a pain in the foot...literaly!

I say go for it, let your Hens do all the work for ya! I'd just be sure to keep the Hens and keets penned up for at least 4 weeks with a good high protein game bird starter feed available free choice so they are big and feathered before you let them out into the big wide world... and herd everybody back to the coop each night so they are safe from predators. (If that's something you are set up to do). Only other thing I'd worry about is your other Chickens and Guineas pecking/killing the keets if they are integrated too soon. Sounds a lot easier than turning eggs all the time and then cleanin 'brooders all the time later on, lol... plus you will get to experience something new and you may even end up with some really calm/tame keets
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom