Where to order online chicks for delivery soon?

ASHLEYINAK

Chirping
Feb 8, 2021
Eagle River, AK
Hi! A friend that recently moved to the Casa Grande, AZ area is looking to add to her flock and is having a hard time finding chicks available locally until June. I looked around online and found a few that could ship in June as well. Is there anyone local to Casa Grande, AZ that would have chicks? Anyone have any intel on an online hatchery that can ship soon?

Go to “social” on BYC, then “where am I, ..” to find the pinned state post. Find your state, ask there.

Always best to pick up in person if possible, so more local is better. Less stress on chicks.

I found a Hatchery that I use by googling “chick Hatchery” in maps. And when I only want a small number added last minute to sn order, or want to pick up a small number of chicks that I didn’t order, I can call and see if possible, and so far, they have always had some extra at each hatch I’ve called about. So, possible to find one by googling.

Another place to look is for farm pages on fb. Cannot sell animals on fb, but a farm that shows chickens in pics, may have chicks to buy.

Livestock auctions exist, and another term you can Google to see if any in your area.

Craigs List allows for animal sales, so that’s another option.

Mt healthy has the soonest delivery dates available last time I checked. You have to select the delivery date by the individual breed page which I missed the first time but there's an availability page, just tic the breeds you want and it'll tell you the earliest compatible dates.
They have good, healthy birds.
https://www.mthealthy.com/availability
20230201_131220.png

Mt healthy has the soonest delivery dates available last time I checked. You have to select the delivery date by the individual breed page which I missed the first time but there's an availability page, just tic the breeds you want and it'll tell you the earliest compatible dates.
They have good, healthy birds.
https://www.mthealthy.com/availability
View attachment 3392754
Thank you! This is exactly who she ended up ordering through! I hope getting a flock started there at her new home helps her feel more rooted there. She's so excited!

Go to “social” on BYC, then “where am I, ..” to find the pinned state post. Find your state, ask there.

Always best to pick up in person if possible, so more local is better. Less stress on chicks.

I found a Hatchery that I use by googling “chick Hatchery” in maps. And when I only want a small number added last minute to sn order, or want to pick up a small number of chicks that I didn’t order, I can call and see if possible, and so far, they have always had some extra at each hatch I’ve called about. So, possible to find one by googling.

Another place to look is for farm pages on fb. Cannot sell animals on fb, but a farm that shows chickens in pics, may have chicks to buy.

Livestock auctions exist, and another term you can Google to see if any in your area.

Craigs List allows for animal sales, so that’s another option.
THANK YOU! This is hugely helpful. I was kind of at a loss because here in Alaska things work differently. I shared all of this with her!

Back
Top Bottom