WHERE TO PLACE INCUBATOR

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by macleods14, Apr 22, 2009.

1. macleods14

macleods14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2008
    uk
    where would be best place for incubator to be
    would the garage be ok ?????????
    just had the worst hatch and the incubator was in conservatory [​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    The best place to put an incubator is out of direct sunlight, in a room that has a stable temp.

3. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    I have a homemade incubator which I originally had in my homes first floor closet...., big mistake, temps during the day and night in the room varied due to outside temps during the day and also temps at night when the oil-burner kicked in to warm the house. I moved into basement after a 0% first hatch attempt because of the temperature swings. It is much cooler down there(but nearly consistent at day and night), so I had to insulate the outside of the box quite a bit more. I also added a small computer fan for better air circulation. Put in 30 chicken eggs and am now on day 4 with temps holding very consistently at about 100-100.5 degrees. What a difference the location makes! Good luck w/your hatch, and I'll keep posted on how mine progresses, but I expect to see much better results this time due mainly to the incubators location!

4. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    It needs to be in a room thats at a stable temp- if your garage fits that, then yes thats a good place. I have mine in my upstairs bathroom, its small, and the door is always shut. So the temp is pretty much always the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by