Where to Spend Your Economic Stimulus Check...

I think alot of the amount you get depends on the amount of taxes you paid compared to your income.

If a couple made $160k, they paid a LOT in taxes, so I wouldn't begrudge them their money.

While some might think that couple doesn't need the money, no one knows that. They had to set a limit somewhere. There is always someone in more need than you and always someone in less need. I just worry about me in those instances.
I am just thinking of it as a windfall I may not have gotten in other circumstances and I am thankful.

(Still agree with you Cyn, it will come from somewhere.
big_smile.png
)

if it doesnt' have to be claimed as income on next years taxes...what about 'gift'...I don't really know my faxs when it come to taxes and income and the whole kitten cabbodol but I thought I heard that if you get 'gifts' of over a $1000 you have to report it.

so could this be one way to have to report the rebate checks???

I was at the gas station last night....and I seen a sign by there coffe machines...
It read....

Dear Loyal Coffee Customers...

We are sorry to have to inform you of this but because of the rising cost of coffee and dairy we are going to have to raise our coffee prices as well.
As of April 29, 2008 we will be raising all coffees and the likes 25 cents a cup.
Once again we are sorry to have to inform you of this. We hope you will still be our loyal customers.
Store Management...

Now I don't buy coffee to much at gas stations, but there are occasions.

Everything is becoming crazially exspensive...

Gas is now $353 a gal.
Desiel is now $4.29 a gal. (glad hubby isn't driving truck anymore at those prices--he would have to fill up every 2 or 3 days...225-250 gals. at a time...we would be broke)

Well one thing it did, was get people to file taxes on time, because if you didn't make the April 15th deadline, you do not get the check. And I'm pretty sure that if you owed taxes, you also had to send in the payment by that date. Its $600 person so that will not fall under the $1000 gift rule either. I think mine will go into the savings in case I need it to make my house payment when I am off work for the summer. I do not get paid for July and August.

Ours has already gone to a new rifle so we can go to more shooting matches and with this one DGD can compete also!

We ALWAYS use any gov. money(rebates, etc.) on firearms and ammo. that way it is staying in this country. We also sometimes use it for hunting tags, ETC.

I just got a rundown yesterday on where we get our oil from. DH has been telling people for years that we get most of our oil from Canada and Mexico! No one believed him, until now: Canada-18.0%
Saudi Arabia-17.0%
Venezuela-12.7%
Mexico-12.6%
Nigeria-12.3%
Angola-4.5%
By the way, 86% of all Middle Eastern oil comes from Saudi Arabia and iraq.
Sunoco and Sinclair Co's. do not import oil from the Middle
East.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

Last year a couple of our neighbors "regraded" "improved" our road. They asked no one, then sent us all letters asking for $500.00 to help pay them back for the work and materials, AND $300.00 a year to maintain it!! We are all privite property owners, no HOA or anything else. DH wrote them a letter telling them that our bumpy dirt road is one of the reasons we bought our place, it slows people down to reduce dust, we were told that all property owners maintained the road in fron of their property. Several of us grade from our property to the main road when it is needed though.
From what I have heard ours was the typical respose they got.

Buy American whenever possible!!
Monica

Start paying for braces for TWO kids and a $400 pool for them too!
sad.png
Have to add another $800 to that from our own money just to make it all happen, but it's all good.
wink.png

Stacy

You can gift up to $12,000.00 without paying any tax on that gift.

I also believe that if you file later then the deadline, you get your stimulus check later, we always file late, and I read that you get it in a month or so after you file.

So - we won't see ours til late October or November.

Back
Top Bottom