WHere to store my turkey eggs?

I use a sportsman. I just run the humidity around 40 during the week. On Thursday, I drop the eggs from the bottom tray down to the hatching area, and candle them. If they need extra moisture, I will mist them with a spray bottle a couple times during the day. On Saturday, a day before hatch day, I will bump up the whole humidity of the whole incubator to 60%. I just keep an eye on the air cells as they progress by candling maybe once a week. I try to get them to dry out evenly, but silkie eggs have a larger surface to mass ratio, meaning they dry out faster than turkey eggs. I find I need to mist the silkie eggs some to keep them on track with the larger fowl eggs and the turkey eggs. They do seem to have a wide range of forgiveness on the air cell thing thoug... lol. Good thing, or I wouldn't hatch much. Because of my split hatches and messing with humidity and spraying eggs and what not, I am more generous to help out stuck chicks if they get a good zip going. If they don't pip, I don't help. If they just pip and no more, they are probably duds. If they pip and zip and get stuck, I will help them.

Oh, I see how you manage incubating and hatching in the same incubator. You are able to hatch in a separate section , keeping all other eggs clean until it's their turn. Got it.

Update on the turkey eggs--they are developing, just don't know who the daddy is! HEn was in with other toms before I bought her; and Thomas Edison doesn't seem interested in his duties to sire more; I just don't see any mating behavior at all; unlike my roosters who are very active in the morning and then again early evening. I really hope these eggs will hatch good poults. My first time incubating and making loads of mistakes.
he.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom