Where to store quail eggs

Gqf Website Sells A Good System, But They're Awful Proud Of It....
hmm.png

best pics I had but its on our bantam chicken coop, cost all of about $10 and that was for the gqf cups...cooler was free, leftover from a party.

67513_p1030281.jpg

67513_p1030280.jpg

Quote:
I don't know, here in Michigan that bottle would cost me 10 cents. I don't know if I could spare it!

Quote:
#1: If you leave them on 1/4" wire for longer than 3 or 4 days, they will have some poop to eat.
#2: If this is true, I'd better go dig me about 80 little graves, cause I've got some 2-3 day-olds that are taste-testing the prettiest green new-born poop that the eye can envision....
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
#1: If you leave them on 1/4" wire for longer than 3 or 4 days, they will have some poop to eat.
#2: If this is true, I'd better go dig me about 80 little graves, cause I've got some 2-3 day-olds that are taste-testing the prettiest green new-born poop that the eye can envision....
hmm.png

you know the quail I have been raising do all right on 1/2 X 1" at about 3-5 weeks out but little chukars have the hardest time negotiating this sized wire

Quote:
JJ - i want to stop using that type of trough waterer. poop gets in it as the trough serves as a perch for them. or a place to stand if "perch" is not the term to use here. i pour half the water out over 2 days to clean out the poop. a water bottle half the size costs me less labor.

Quote:
model_A_tractor - does this nipple work? how long have you used it? it looks like a pin nipple nozzle. i've heard those may not work as it takes a tongue lick to depress the pin. a sales person at Bass equipment says their take on the nipple system is that --- all birds may not be able to use the nipple waterer so they don't recommend it. let me know what type of valve or nipple system you've got in the second set of photos.

i've got those cup waterers. hate them! w/ chickens i had to clean the cups out all the time. w/ quail, i'd be cleaning the cups out at least times a day.

my goal is to find a watering system for quail that has a 5 gallon reservoir.

those tek-supply nipples are great for me, no problems yet, no "leaks" but they are str8 up and down, no angle., birds love em, keeps em busy dabbing at the drops of water. they shift the pin one way or another and a drop of water dribbles out, they snatch it. I have ~5 of these all over for chicks, adult birds.
next project is to set them in pvc pipe and hook that up to our 30 gal rubbermaid resevoir.

Back
Top Bottom