Where/who can I go to get meat birds "processed" in southeastern MA?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by MA Mama, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MA Mama

MA Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    I cannot kill and prepare them myself so I am hoping there is someone around who does this. How do I find someone? What is it listed under in the yellow pages? Please don't poke fun - this is a new world for me.

2. zbit

zbit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2008
  3. bestponymilo

bestponymilo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    I just talked to Den Besten Farm the other day--chickens are done on Thursdays and Saturday mornings, but prefer you bring them in on Thurs. They said to call for an appointment and the price per bird was $5

(BTW, if anyone knows of a processing place closer to Sturbridge, I'd forever be in debt! I have 5 Cornish that need to be packaged before I leave for Syracuse in a few weeks)

4. kwhit

kwhit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    Mansfield, MA
    OMG! I am so glad I saw this cuz I have been looking for butcher places near me! I live in Mansfield 30 mins away so this is awesome news[​IMG]

I want to learn how to process my own chickens, so that is my next endeavor. I am totally new to this chicken binge. I just got my first
    laying hens this spring. I think once I get used to the layers I'd like to try meat birds. I hear they are worlds different....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by