Where's the best place to buy chicken eggs?

I agree. Not good at all. One time only one spitz survived but was not doing well and took to vet ($50) she said give her baby vitamin liquid with no iron and she made it! U would never know. She is 7 this year and lovely. Hope I get the eggs and have a good batch. Don’t forget to update 💕

i have purchased from eBay several times..more than several actually. i know you have to be careful but i look for NPIP certified, ONLY people who are relatively close...(from CA) tho hav purchased from AL once and that was fine. never opposite coast..to far to travel. also take into consideration temps. dont order from deep south in mid summer etc....being in ca i look for AZ, WA, TX basically west side of country. i have had GREAT hatches and fine hatches. always depending on how you treat them when you get them, how the trip went. kinda out of our control. let them rest for 6-8 hours before giving to hen...meaning dont turn or disturb them. hope this helps.

I have a question about NPIP sellers.... I have scoured ebay a few days and some "NPIP" sellers i see state that the roos are free to breed with whoever regardless of breed. I thought NPIP meant more pure breeds and no crosses. Am i understanding wrong?

I have a question about NPIP sellers.... I have scoured ebay a few days and some "NPIP" sellers i see state that the roos are free to breed with whoever regardless of breed. I thought NPIP meant more pure breeds and no crosses. Am i understanding wrong?
NPIP is in regards to diseases not any specific breed. Also NPIP in my opinion isn’t worth much.

Thats why I want to buy eggs, a little less sad if they brake. honestly seeing a bunch of dead chicks (even if there were a few living) would freak me out.

You can search the NPIP site itself. NPIP is required to ship chicks, not sure if required to ship eggs. You may find a place close to you to get eggs or chicks (no shipping).

Go to NPIP site. Under the upper drop down menus you can find search by state. Once you click on the state(s) you are interested in, a document will come up of all NPIP for that state. They will have names/addresses/sometimes phone numbers, and then a bunch of alpha-numeric codes. These are stock codes (listed under a link on the left side of the site). The code for Bantam Porcelain D’Uccle is: W726. Use the “Find” function on your computer to search for this code within the document. Hopefully you’ll be successful.

Last edited:
We found good place to buy from and got some eggs :celebrate Sorry I haven't been on BYC for a while.
20200329_130421.jpg
20200329_130435.jpg

Attachments

• 20200329_130435.jpg
    20200329_130435.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom