Whew! Another narrow escape!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moonwalker, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I had to drop hubby off at work and since I am expecting my order of chicks and other assorted critters in a few days (April 6th shipping date!!!!!) I decided to stop by TSC on the way back and pick up a bag af chick starter. [​IMG]
    Oh boy.....
    they had not one, but 3 tubs of chicks. [​IMG]
    First one had about 50-60 assorted reds (production or RIR, not sure) the second was labellled assorted pullets, 3 third had banties and then there were the ducks.
    There were 2 polish chicks in the banty tub and one lone khaki campbell in the ducks that just begged for me to take them home! [​IMG]
    But I was saved by the fact that this TSC will not let you buy less than 6 chicks/ducks etc at a time. [​IMG] Since I will have at least 27 assorted critters in a few days I couldn't see getting 6 more, 3 I could have justified. Besides, after buying the feed, I didn't have enough cash on me to buy 6, especially if I got the poor lonely Khaki ($4.95 for ducks, $2.49 for banties and $2.95 for the standard chicks) [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, and did I mention they had bunnies? Little drawf ones with the tiny ears!(but I'm allergic to them so they were (almost) easy to resist!) [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Can't wait, order ships Monday!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Wow what will power! Congratulations! Enjoy your new chicks next week:)

3. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Weeelll......
    I DID try to talk them into just letting me have the 2 Polish chicks......

4. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Weeelll......
    I DID try to talk them into just letting me have the 2 Polish chicks......

[​IMG] so the truth comes out!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by