Which automatic chicken doors have you tried and how did they work out?

reason17

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 29, 2014
We once had an Ador automatic chicken door (adorstore.com) but it was a little problematic (would sometimes open or close unexpectedly). I see there are many different styles and brands available now. I am specifically looking for one that can be solar powered (with battery storage). The Ladies First door (ladiesfirstchickendoor.com) is compelling in that it's simple and the installation is tidy (all the electronics and batteries enclosed within the door housing), but I can't find any reviews for it. The Autocoop system (https://incubatorwarehouse.com/chicken-auto-coop-door-kit.html) is pretty cool in that you can add on a light to encourage winter laying (through I'm not sure I'd use it--I need to do more research on this). I would really appreciate hearing about others' experiences with automatic doors. Thank you!

I will have to watch this thread, interested too! I never thought I would need one, as I am out checking on the chickens and collecting eggs each morning and throughout the day regardless, but it might be nice for them for the mornings I don't get out there the minute they want to be let out of the coop!

I have an Ador1 and love it. Haven’t had any issues (yet!). Love the “last call” feature just in case someone doesn’t make it in the first time. You can set it to be more or less sensitive to light (the sensor), as it opens at daylight and closes at nightfall. The customer service is great too. I have mine running off battery but will explore transitioning it to solar down the road.

Back
Top Bottom