Review: Battery powered chicken door! (A+)

Just looking for some critique. I can used the timer if the light sensor fails. I'm wanting to hear from you ya if you like, dislike, would have bought something else.
Thanks

Disclaimer: I have never used or installed this door or any other commercially produced and sold doors.

That being said I have removed a few of them and installed a door I designed and built. So far I have vey to replace an ADOR. I like them very much but aside from replacing a motor (easy and fast) I don't have much experience with them. I send a few hours talking to the owner/operator tho. Seems very happy to help.

Reason I linked you to that part is because you asked....
Does it need direct sunlight?

I love my ADOR door. It beeps and they quickly learn to head inside when the right set of beeps does its thing. I think it beeps once at 5 minutes, then at 1 minute and then beep, beep beep just before it closes. The only ones who don't go in on time are the babies who have not figured out the ramp, but I tend to watch them nightly until they learn and so no one gets shut out. Sometimes we get a thunderstorm that causes the door to shut, but that means they get stuck outside and I notice it's shut in time to reset it. And, as for my icing issue, I simply set 2 sawhorses beside the ramp and laid a piece of plywood over the top but under the door housing so that the sensor was not blocked. All fixed (except they still don't like slippery). When we get weather that will be iffy, I always put food and water in the coop and, if they get stuck inside, it's no big deal. We get icy rain much more often than snow and the ice will cause it to not open/close but, if you have a cover, you'll be fine.
Do you ever have problems with the door closing because of a storm coming over. I know it gets quite dark during our storms.
Thanks

When it gets dark, no matter why, the door will close. Often, when the storm has passed, it will reopen just like it would at dawn's light. But not always. I do sometimes come home to see the door closed due to a storm earlier in the day. In this case, I mash the button so that it will open and, usually, it will then operate normally and close on its own at dusk. I do keep an eye on it, though, to make sure. On the rare occasion that it does not, just follow the instructions and reset it. It's very easy. I've had mine now for years, over 8, and am only on the second battery and can count the times it did not work as expected on one hand. Also, the seller is very good at explaining things if you should have any difficulty. I give it 5 starts and a giant thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom