Which 'bator is better?

hannah8

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 14, 2014
Canada
Im looking at getting an incubator as of right now these are my two options: hovabator 2362-E or little giant 9300. Please tell me why or why not for either

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I don't have experience of the incubators you have mentioned. But definatly drop by the great links Mountain Peeps has left you.
Good luck with your choice and happy hatching!
Hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. I've never used Little Giant incubators so I can't really advise you with regard to them, but I have used Hovabator incubators on a number of occasions and had good hatch rates with them. Just be sure whatever incubator you get has a circulating fan and an auto egg turner. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatches.

Im looking at getting an incubator as of right now these are my two options: hovabator 2362-E or little giant 9300. Please tell me why or why not for either
welcome-byc.gif

I use a little giant with the fan kit and the egg turner. I believe the hoverbator and LG are quite close quality wise, but I could be wrong. I do well with the little giant. My last hatch 13/16 hatched, so I can't complain. I would not recommend the Little Giant for someone who spends a lot of time away from the house as they are known to be tempermental and occasionally will flunctuate with temps. I am able to monitor my bator as I am a stay at home mom and catch any flunctuations. I think I have found the perfect place for the incubator though as this last hatch the temps stayed pretty consistant and I did not have too much problems.
If you have the availability to monitor it throughout the day and "baby it" at times, I don't think they are bad machines, especially with the prices of the more fancy models. I just wouldn't recommend for an extremely busy person.

TSC also has a farm innovator pro series that has the fan and egg turner that is compariably priced to the LG (actually cheaper than buying the LG, the fan kit and the turner) and has the convenience of the fan and turner included.

Last edited:
Thanks, i think i will get a hovabator with fan kit and turner and the little giant incubator because i already have 2 turners from my other incubator and if i like the LG i will get a fan kit

I use the LG and with a turner. I installed a fan and use multiple thermometers. One is a digital kitchen type from walmart and tne other is a dial type. I also use the plastic mounted one that comes with the LG. I have gotten better hatch rates each time I have set them. (on batch 5 now), I think research and experience go a long way. This site has the best info and great members! Good luck witch ever way you go.

I use the LG and with a turner. I installed a fan and use multiple thermometers. One is a digital kitchen type from walmart and tne other is a dial type. I also use the plastic mounted one that comes with the LG. I have gotten better hatch rates each time I have set them. (on batch 5 now), I think research and experience go a long way. This site has the best info and great members! Good luck witch ever way you go.
x2 on the thermometers. I use 3 in my bator. Made the mistake of only using 1 first hatch and will never make that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom