Which brand of feed do you use and why??

Purina- because I get a buy one get $5 off coupon from poultry press
Dumar(TSC)-because they had a $1 off coupon in thier little magazine at front of the store.
Maryland Co-op brand- Because it is a 20% layer for the same price as purina or dumor feeds,

Nutrina and blue seal also available, but they seem to be $3-4 more per bag and when going through 50+lbs a week that adds up quick. (come on free-range season so feed consumption will drop)

Quote:
Can you expand on that? I always figured it was kinda low on the totem pole. Thanks!
smile.png

Susan

Well Dr. Griffin was just about the best vet you could EVER want.

It was back in the early 90's when all these "designer" dog foods came out and I asked him.

He said it was just as good as all the others and thats what he gave his dogs. Purina Dog Chow.

Sorry thats all the info I got. Except I tried the Dollar General brand and it gave my dog seizures.

I haven't changed since.

Oh and my dog I had growing up lived to be 22 years old on Purina

I use Purina Sunfresh Layer pellets and Purina Flock Block.
It has no animal ingredients and the chickens LOVE it. They lay so much better on it than Honor (which is what we used before).

my feed store seems to bag their own feed, I don't know what it is. I special order my rabbit food from them, I refuse to feed my rabbits whatever it is they have in their brown bags. Maybe I should find out what it is they sell for chicks, and see if I should try to order something else.

Back
Top Bottom