Which breed layed this?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 9, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I have been finding 1 egg a day that looks like this and I am just currious what breed may have layed it... LB, BO, BR, RIR, or PR... I am guessing the LB but just not sure. I haven't been able to catch any of the LB laying, I know they are but by the time I get to the coop this type egg is with one or more eggs in a nest. I was just currious if any of you have had any of these pretty eggs layed by any of the breeds that I have mentioned. There is nothing at all wrong with the shell, nice and thick. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    That Is a Beauty !
    I have no idea what breed would have laid it, but I had to comment about how nice it looks [​IMG]

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Awww Thank you barg! Yes, I too think it is pretty, I very much look forward to getting the one a day... [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    One of my RIR's is laying eggs that look like that one.

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I just collected 2 today that looked identical to that one..I have Buff Orpingtons...

6. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    My buff's eggs look like that one as well.

7. Nyna

Nyna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2007
    Western Montana
    wow- my BO's eggs do not look like that. weird.

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    My RIR's look like that, but not quite as many white dots

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Mine don't lay ones like this consitantly, but I have collected some that are just like that..atleast 1 or 2 a day like that...mst are a nice brown...I kind of like the polka dotted ones!! They tatse just as goood!!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  10. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Well thanks for the inputs... we can honestly say now that it is between the BO's and RIR's... correct? hmmmm I guess manybe I will just have to sit out there and watch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by