Which breed of chicken is at the top of your flock (pecking order)

Well, if anyone on here remembers "Troglodyte" from the 70s, these girls are named Bertha, Betty, and Bella, as in the Butt sisters. We also have Bathsheba (the other Butt sister), but she stays with the banties and doesn't seem too motivated to participate in flock "politics." Her sisters, on the other hand, earned their monikers with thier bossiness. They run the yard with iron fists - er - claws!

Quakers, our rouen drake! Lol! He rules over ever one in the coop! But as fair as chicken pecking order, big mama our black jersey giant runs the show!

Last edited:
My Rhode Island Red
D.gif

Our Black Australorp "Precious" is bossy queen of the flock even though she spends half of her time being broody w/o fertile eggs. The other hens move out of her way when she comes out of the nest box for a little R&R. She is one grumpy mama want to be!

Buddy, my dominique... Smallest girl in the yard and mean as a snake to the other girls if they think of stepping out of line... Second is a black Australorp, biggest girl around but won't even look sideways at my little Buddy.

Back
Top Bottom