Which breed ?

But Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs, and this one has a single comb.

And Wyandottes are supposed to have tails, and this one doesn't.

I agree it looks Golden Laced, but I think it's a Gold Laced something else, not Wyandotte.
(I don't know what breed the "something else" might be, or whether it is a mix of some kind.)
It may also have some Rhode Island Red in it because Wyandottes have Rosewoods not combs.

Additionally, the legs are feathered.... so this guy is a mixed up pup.

but then where would the feathered legs come from?
And the lack of tail?

I am in the USA. If you only work with breeds that are common in this country, there are no two breeds that could be crossed to get the traits this rooster has. So he would have to be a cross of chickens that are themselves crosses of breeds.

But OP is in Zimbabwe, which could easily have breeds that I do not know about. I think that is more likely.

He is a beautiful rooster, no matter what breed he is!

And the lack of tail?

I am in the USA. If you only work with breeds that are common in this country, there are no two breeds that could be crossed to get the traits this rooster has. So he would have to be a cross of chickens that are themselves crosses of breeds.

But OP is in Zimbabwe, which could easily have breeds that I do not know about. I think that is more likely.

Agreed....
The breeds I know, US or otherwise, would have multiple breeds to make this guy.

But Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs, and this one has a single comb.

And Wyandottes are supposed to have tails, and this one doesn't.

I agree it looks Golden Laced, but I think it's a Gold Laced something else, not Wyandotte.
(I don't know what breed the "something else" might be, or whether it is a mix of some kind.)

And the lack of tail?

Thank you

I really don't know. It seems like maybe it could be a Boschveld that happens to be rumpless? To me, it sounds like you just have an indigenous fowl and you could probably lump him into a label based on his traits. Not sure if you have a name for rumpless fowl but that's what I'm assuming :)

Back
Top Bottom