Which breed?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steffpeck, May 8, 2007.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I ordered Buff Orpington pullets and Golden Sex Link pullets, 3 of each. Meyer hatchery threw in an extra bird. This one looks different than the other 6, can you tell me is it a Orpington or a Golden or something different? She (I am assuming) is 2 weeks old.

[​IMG]

2. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    I am no help here, but gosh is she a cutie!

Also, how was your experience with Meyer?

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I've not ordered any chicks (my feed store always had them) but from what I've read, most of the time the "freebie" or "peanut packing chick" is usually a cockrel. I know Ideal will throw in a standard Leghorn, but I'm not sure about any others. Wish I was more help to you.

4. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    My daughter claimed this one as soon as she saw it. She named it Saphira. She is a cutie!!

Jsto - Meyer was awesome!! I will definetly order from them again. We had all birds arrive alive, healthy and chirping like crazy. They went to their food and water right away. And they are all still doing fabulous. I called them with a question, they were very friendly and curtious. All in all it was an excellent experience!! I would highly recommend them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by