which breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PurplePoppiPpl, Nov 9, 2013.

1. PurplePoppiPpl

PurplePoppiPpl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    North Western Wisconsin
    I hatched these from eggs i got from a breeder. She has ALOT of diffrent bantam breeding pairs, and she doesnt label eggs because she usually hatches herself and knows what they are right away, of course i am pretty much clueless :) So i am hopeing someone might be able to tell me what they think. They are a little over 3 weeks and all banties. I know that there is a white silkie and a black silkie, any guesses on the other three?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what they looked like at day 2 :) What cuties!!
    [​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i am not sure what the other 3 are, but the black silkie looks more like a blue to me

3. PurplePoppiPpl

PurplePoppiPpl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    North Western Wisconsin
    I noticed that she was lighter two but i didn't know if that was just that baby fluff or if she might actually be a blue. I really hope she turns out to be blue!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    she looks blue, sometimes when you hatch out blue and black it is hard to tell if you have a really dark blue or really light black, that looks to be a blue.

This little guy was a lot darker than he looks in the pic, just looks likghterbecause of the lighting. But he was as dark all over as he is on his head. I had to wait until he feathered out more. He ended up being blue. I did have 2 black, but one developed a cross beak, i still have the other he is bling in one eye. Now this obviously isnt a silkie, it is an ameraucana
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by