Which breeds are these?

hobby

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
Southern Middle Tennessee
I recently purchase my first chick but I don't know what breed they are. Can anyone help?

looks like EE and Barred Rocks. The light one might be a welsummer if it doesnt have face fuzz too. I got one last year. was told it was an EE or Auracanna, chicken people know how that one goes. It ended up as a Welsummer. Where did you get them and did they have them marked

looks like EE and Barred Rocks. The light one might be a welsummer if it doesnt have face fuzz too. I got one last year. was told it was an EE or Auracanna, chicken people know how that one goes. It ended up as a Welsummer. Where did you get them and did they have them marked

x2 If ALL the chipmunky ones have single combs, they're more likely to be Welsummers. Keep in mind that EE's often have pea combs (but can have single combs) and that they can have any color legs. It all depends on what they're mixed with.

The black and white ones are probably Barred Rocks like TommyGirl said.

There are several breeds that start life with chipmunk stripes and straight combs. Welsummer, partridge Rock, brown Leghorn, Speckled Sussex... Mixes... You can eliminate SS if the skin is yellow.

Back
Top Bottom