Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had students over the years with gorgeous names from native languages. I always feel bad butchering them when I have to say them.
New Orleans and the surrounding area is full of so many cultures that can change faster than the terrain. Settled by Native, French, Senegal, German, Acadian, Spanish, Islenos, 'mericans, Haitian, Irish, Italian, Philippine, Croatian, and that is just until 1900.
Needless to say, pronunciations can be a hot mess.
Just accents can be problematic too. My GF was going to college in Hammond on the North Shore and I was going to transfer to a College on Bayou Lafourche. One is in "redneck" country and the other is Cajun. We both tended to pick up accents so I wondered if we would be able to understand each other on the weekend.

Went shopping with my sister today. Got a nice migraine from dealing with all the idiots. Then went to her house to eat a late supper. Walked in and was almost sick. Her dog, a great dane, was sick all over her house. ALL OVER. And not the puking kind of sick. So I had to stay and help her clean up. Just got home a little bit ago. I'm so tired and she still had to scrub the floors when I left. And her daughter is having a birthday party at her house tomorrow

Went shopping with my sister today. Got a nice migraine from dealing with all the idiots. Then went to her house to eat a late supper. Walked in and was almost sick. Her dog, a great dane, was sick all over her house. ALL OVER. And not the puking kind of sick. So I had to stay and help her clean up. Just got home a little bit ago. I'm so tired and she still had to scrub the floors when I left. And her daughter is having a birthday party at her house tomorrow
Oh, I'm so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom