Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks I know how that feels. Everyone safe I hope? Y'all have a generator?
Our hurricane season starts at the end of this month. We're ready I do need to get some gas. I'd like to get a 100lb propane tank and fill it. Good thing about propane is it can be stored indefinitely just don't catch a leak
We are safe. I've heard there were at least 8 fatalities. 😕 i don't have a generator, but my neighbour does and brought it by so I could plug in the fridge and phone for a bit

Haven't caught up yet. Crazy 24+ hours. We had a major storm come through around 2pm yesterday. Knocked power out to most of the southern half of the province. Just go power about an hour ago. Cell reception was out as well.

Tornados in some areas and downed trees everywhere. Luckily I'm in a valley so no damage on my street.

Happy Long weekend 😅
:hugs One of my dear college friends lives up near you in Ottawa! They keep me posted on the “Derecho” y’all got whipped by!!! I saw many pictures & a map showing the power outage zones around Ottawa too!

He is still planning to do more research to see if it's the way he wants to go but my husband would love to get a propane tank.
Might I suggest y’all look at the RPMs of the gensets. 1800 vs 3600rpms. I personally recommend the 1800 design.

Have y’all calculated the minimum, Max, and optional 1 or 2 middle of the road total amps/watts yet?

Are y’all debating between automatic vs. manual transfer switch’s?

Might I suggest y’all look at the RPMs of the gensets. 1800 vs 3600rpms. I personally recommend the 1800 design.

Have y’all calculated the minimum, Max, and optional 1 or 2 middle of the road total amps/watts yet?

Are y’all debating between automatic vs. manual transfer switch’s?
I have no clue. I don't know that he's even gone that deeply into it. He's very busy with work right now so it's more of a slow research thing.

To whom may be reading. If you get a generator don't get a natural gas one that has gas lines you get from a gas company like electricity. After ida all the people in one area had their gas cutoff to thier new whole house generators cause trees got pushed over and drug up the gas lines with the roots. Man people were mad
Perhaps one might consider this wise along the gulf coast IF they have a lot of trees around their neighborhood and know the gas main & feed line is shallow.

Folks up north would actually be wise to really lean towards the cng/propane dual or cng/propane/gasoline tri-fuel versions.

I have no clue. I don't know that he's even gone that deeply into it. He's very busy with work right now so it's more of a slow research thing.
Well, if your vehicle has an RPM gauge next time you get in it & start it. Leave it in park for a few moments and gently press the gas pedal to get it up to ~1800rpms then after a bit ease it up to 3600rpms…

Next thing is to be aware that gensets have typically less muffler system than your vehicle does. So it will likely be much louder….

Good food for thought before hand.

The Humm of a generator WITH A MUFFLER outside puts me right to sleep. I had 2 one had a real muffler one just basically a 4 stroke spark arrestor the spart arrestor one was very loud. The muffler one I have now puts me right to sleep. It's quite eerie at 2 in the morning with no electricity its too quiet
Matter of fact that was the first time I heard what sounded like a peacock and a baboon fighting. I was told it was some type of owl

Guilt urge.
I don't think I announce it but I do it all the time. So, here is my "one" time announcement that I "Bill" do skip, scan, jump, wave off, and outright ignore on the daily. Well, except for the day I am not on, but I will make up for it when I am, I promise.

And, I feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever.

I don't think I announce it but I do it all the time. So, here is my "one" time announcement that I "Bill" do skip, scan, jump, wave off, and outright ignore on the daily. Well, except for the day I am not on, but I will make up for it when I am, I promise.

And, I feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever.
Fine by me.
I really don't care if people skip or not. It just seemed odd to me that people announce it. 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom