Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well originally. Some parts of the family still refer to a certain someone as Uncle Adolf. They immigrated before the wars. And we dropped the second f in Handorff (Because apparently, that was too German). Not like my grandfather's spelling of house as haus wasn't a dead giveaway. lol

I'd love to move to the UK, though, where my accent can be sexy, and it rains and is pretty and green, and I can enjoy hot tea and the queen and fat-bottomed English Orpingtons.

Well, she's wet. So...

lol I find my writing style to be very flowery and descriptive. Here's a lovely example of a writing sample I use all the time when people ask what it's like.

"The tropical storm struck the island with incredible force. The usually calm sea had been transformed into a heaving beast, hurling itself against the land. Thunder cracked and roared overhead while brilliant flashes of lightning cast the landscape into stark contrast before plunging the world into darkness again. The wind forced the dense jungle into a cruel mockery of the sea. Even the oldest and largest trees bent their leafy crowns in the wake of the storm. And throughout it all, the rain came down, beating against the broad leaves of the tropical plants, dripping from the lush foliage. Small streams became muddy, clogged with litter from the forest floor, and the larger rivers overflowed their banks, spreading into the grasslands alongside them. Water pooled anywhere it could, and the dripping of water from leaf to leaf seemed to fill in the silence between bouts of thunder.

Inside the Control Room, essential personnel members stared in turn at monitors showing live footage from cameras out in the deluge and out the broad plate-glass windows at the rain sheeting off the roof. Those not seated at terminals paced across the raised portion of the room, looking down at the people and various computer outputs, watching Doppler radar weather patterns and read-outs from the small meteorology tower on-site, the camera footage, and a large black, glass map of the islands on the wall glowing with lines, dots, and symbols they seemed to know the meaning of intimately."

See, that's cool. I'm with you on the hopping/jumping thing. Toads don't bother me because they are too fat to hop very quickly. And I'm always saving them from the poodle. She boops them to death. But Leopard frogs are full-on crazy pants, and they freak me out when they are crazy hopping in a small space. You should have been on the porch one night when I stepped outside and reached back to pull the door shut. I didn't have the lights on, and the door handle was squishy, and then it moved. I made some sort of inhuman sound and realized a tiny little tree frog was chilling and hopped into the mud room. He took ages to catch. I was running around the garage last night trying to avoid the very large, flying praying mantis. She was cute when she was sitting still. The male was even cuter. Such a wee thing. But when she started flying, I had to move outside.

View attachment 3227486

I think these guys are so cute.
View attachment 3227488
Those Sallies are cute in their own way I guess. To me they're like giant hellbenders: a turd with arms.

Well originally. Some parts of the family still refer to a certain someone as Uncle Adolf. They immigrated before the wars. And we dropped the second f in Handorff (Because apparently, that was too German). Not like my grandfather's spelling of house as haus wasn't a dead giveaway. lol

I'd love to move to the UK, though, where my accent can be sexy, and it rains and is pretty and green, and I can enjoy hot tea and the queen and fat-bottomed English Orpingtons.

Well, she's wet. So...

lol I find my writing style to be very flowery and descriptive. Here's a lovely example of a writing sample I use all the time when people ask what it's like.

"The tropical storm struck the island with incredible force. The usually calm sea had been transformed into a heaving beast, hurling itself against the land. Thunder cracked and roared overhead while brilliant flashes of lightning cast the landscape into stark contrast before plunging the world into darkness again. The wind forced the dense jungle into a cruel mockery of the sea. Even the oldest and largest trees bent their leafy crowns in the wake of the storm. And throughout it all, the rain came down, beating against the broad leaves of the tropical plants, dripping from the lush foliage. Small streams became muddy, clogged with litter from the forest floor, and the larger rivers overflowed their banks, spreading into the grasslands alongside them. Water pooled anywhere it could, and the dripping of water from leaf to leaf seemed to fill in the silence between bouts of thunder.

Inside the Control Room, essential personnel members stared in turn at monitors showing live footage from cameras out in the deluge and out the broad plate-glass windows at the rain sheeting off the roof. Those not seated at terminals paced across the raised portion of the room, looking down at the people and various computer outputs, watching Doppler radar weather patterns and read-outs from the small meteorology tower on-site, the camera footage, and a large black, glass map of the islands on the wall glowing with lines, dots, and symbols they seemed to know the meaning of intimately."

See, that's cool. I'm with you on the hopping/jumping thing. Toads don't bother me because they are too fat to hop very quickly. And I'm always saving them from the poodle. She boops them to death. But Leopard frogs are full-on crazy pants, and they freak me out when they are crazy hopping in a small space. You should have been on the porch one night when I stepped outside and reached back to pull the door shut. I didn't have the lights on, and the door handle was squishy, and then it moved. I made some sort of inhuman sound and realized a tiny little tree frog was chilling and hopped into the mud room. He took ages to catch. I was running around the garage last night trying to avoid the very large, flying praying mantis. She was cute when she was sitting still. The male was even cuter. Such a wee thing. But when she started flying, I had to move outside.

View attachment 3227486

I think these guys are so cute.
View attachment 3227488
Colt, I think we need to review the meaning of the word "cute".

The German accent is sexy no matter where in the world you are. Just saying. 😎

"... I can enjoy...the queen and fat-bottomed English Orpingtons."? Those 2 items on your list just killed me dead!🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom