Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live we don’t have anything but get your ass up and cook or drive
I got a 200 dollar doordash credit as a gift from work. I will never use it. It's bad enough how many people have to touch your food on the cook and prep lines. No way I'm adding an additional rando who may or may not be a decent human to that list to deliver my food for a 30% markup plus tip.
Is that your Boston accent?
Yup! It's horribad.

1660925264803.png

1660925405777.png

195 countries in the world. And only 43 have joined together to use clean energy. And none of them are large, populous countries. It's a bit like this when you think about it really...
1660925594002.png

Have any of them defined "clean"?
The interesting thing is that most political conversations about clean energy never refer to it as clean, but instead use "renewable". That's an environmentalist term. Even renewables like solar and wind aren't totally "clean". Building wind turbines from nothing more than hydrogen atoms to be truly "clean" is technology beyond out grasp, so we have to rely on dirty manufacturing to build renewable components.

That film is also from 2017, and even in 5 years the renewables industry has made big leaps forward in terms of less impactful manufacturiong and higher output. And more countries are following that footprint. It will be interesting to see how fusion changes the playing field once we can miniaturize and safely harness it's potential.

Well, I'm a big old baby. Cried at the end. And this is an old documentary. I can only imagine how bad it is now. I've worked in the aquarium hobby for over a decade. It makes me wonder if my writing could be used for a better place than getting students to attend college. But maybe getting people to become more educated can help situations like this.
Yes, I remember watching that documentary awhile back and it made me cry too. :(

It's technically not, but there are things in gluten that cause reactions as if they were opiates.
🤔🤔🤔 never heard that hah I’ve heard that sugar or fatty snacks stimulates the same areas in the brain as drugs and can be addictive for some but not that there’s actual drugs or anything that turns into them. I know poppy seeds will make you test positive on a drug test but pretty sure regular bread and snacks don’t turn into opiates or people would be high all the time 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom