Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite was the one with the lynx chasing a rabbit in the snow! That chase went on and on! Reminds me of the Blues Brothers.
There were a lot of good episodes. Especially when he visited so many places that were different from the piney woods of East Texas where I grew up.

Omg I just realized it's a band. I thought it was a church Sister. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Wild West Reaction GIF by GritTV

I saw the word Sister and automatically thought of the Sisters in the church I went to when I was little, and the name Hazel wasn't way out there, so I assumed she was a visiting religious person. Wouldn't be the first time nuns came up together to have some fun and attend certain gatherings up here. 😅
Rockin' nuns.

It's just interesting, I guess. I remember diving in Cozumel, and the instructor/guide in the class was impressed with my knowledge of the various species we saw. He started taking me aside to see things the rest of the class didn't. He'd free dive down to the floor to bring me baby rays, starfish, etc., to look at. He also brought me out to swim near some sharks that were hunting in canyons of coral. It was neat to see the tiny fish or corals I cared for in captivity at their adult breeding size.

I've always enjoyed nature and stuff, though. As a kid, I watched many documentaries on Discovery Channel, National Geographic, PBS, and BBC. I used to love watching Marty Stouffer's Wild America. I remember always being annoyed that Biology in public school was really focused on cytology, the study of cells. Nobody cares that the mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell. Genetics was interesting, but I always wished we spent more time focused on ecosystems and how they are connected and affect one another.

I suppose it is frustrating, too, that so many people go through their daily lives not caring or are literally unable to care because they are focused on so many other issues like how to feed and care for themselves and their families in a society where it has become more and more difficult. You could buy a household appliance for a few hundred dollars in the 80s or 90s and expect it to work for decades. Now you buy a washing machine for a thousand dollars that is made to break in a few years, so you have to go out and buy another one. There are more important things to focus on daily, so things that are hard to see and touch get pushed out to deal with at another time.
I used to watch so many documentaries as a kid too. My little brother and I used to watch all the animal ones together. Crocodile Hunter, Zooboomafoo, etc. and that other guy, Jeff something. We watched it all and read animal books too so we would just randomly spout off animal facts to anyone willing to listen hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom