Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I busted my ass to get out of our teacher's union. I hated it
AZ has unions but they have very little actual power since we're an "at will employment state". All the usual unions have presences here and members moving to other states get the usual perks, but they don't have any collective bargaining power here.

I busted my ass to get out of our teacher's union. I hated it
Can't really do that here. It's optional, but I've already needed representation after I got laid off last year. It's complicated, but I was being cut for budget issues that turned out to be HUGE fiscal mismanagement by the district. The state union lawyers were able to prove that, and I was rehired. I am not a huge fan of the state union for obvious reasons, but my local union is far less offensive.

Can't really do that here. It's optional, but I've already needed representation after I got laid off last year. It's complicated, but I was being cut for budget issues that turned out to be HUGE fiscal mismanagement by the district. The state union lawyers were able to prove that, and I was rehired. I am not a huge fan of the state union for obvious reasons, but my local union is far less offensive.
Glad it was able to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom