Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working away from home a few years ago. Staying in TN but driving into AL. First morning thru small town, obeying all the laws I get pulled over. Had a taillight out. That MS tag got me a visit from the drug dog. They ended up being real cool though. TN reciprocates the MS castle law but the officer explained to me that AL does not. Said those cats would put me in jail for carry that gun through their state.

Yes, for a Southern state Alabama has some tight gun laws.
Guys, people giving y’all the wrong info. Alabama is a “Shall Issue” state meaning as long is you can legally carry you shall be issued a permit to carry canceled for $20 a year. Also, you can carry openly without permit. You cannot carry on school grounds or in any business with sign posted “no weapons allowed”. You don’t really see too many posted, though. And, they do reciprocate with other states. If you can legally carry in your state you can in Alabama. I think they have agreements with most states that allow and certainly all surrounding states.
All that will change this January 1st when the new law comes in. You will legally be able to carry without a permit open or concealed. As long as you are 18, and not prohibited by felony conviction, domestic violence conviction, or a deemed mental handicap. Everyone is packing here.

Guys, people giving y’all the wrong info. Alabama is a “Shall Issue” state meaning as long is you can legally carry you shall be issued a permit to carry canceled for $20 a year. Also, you can carry openly without permit. You cannot carry on school grounds or in any business with sign posted “no weapons allowed”. You don’t really see too many posted, though. And, they do reciprocate with other states. If you can legally carry in your state you can in Alabama. I think they have agreements with most states that allow and certainly all surrounding states.
All that will change this January 1st when the new law comes in. You will legally be able to carry without a permit open or concealed. As long as you are 18, and not prohibited by felony conviction, domestic violence conviction, or a deemed mental handicap. Everyone is packing here.
Good news. I must have had some old information.

Ohio passed a constitutional carry law recently too. We were open carry before but now anyone can carry, open or concealed. I have my concealed license, have had it for a year and a half now. But I'm not a fan of the constitutional carry. I feel like everyone that wants to carry should go through training. At least learn the laws. There are some places a ccw can carry but not a constitutional carry can. And I carry a Ruger 9mm EC9S

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_220155684.jpg
    IMG_20221129_220155684.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom