Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
snow and ice always look better when it’s 80* and you’re wearing a t shirt.
I found the worst part about living in the snow and ice were the stupid people who did not know how to drive in it. Especially here in AZ, where people go to play in the snow from the desert. If I had stayed in Flagstaff I would have bought an old diesel power wagon as a winter beater and put thick steel plate bumpers on it so if people hit me in traffic they'd take all the damage.

I found the worst part about living in the snow and ice were the stupid people who did not know how to drive in it. Especially here in AZ, where people go to play in the snow from the desert. If I had stayed in Flagstaff I would have bought an old diesel power wagon as a winter beater and put thick steel plate bumpers on it so if people hit me in traffic they'd take all the damage.
it’s always amazed me, really.

it seems so simple: don’t go out out in the middle of the storm, slow down, increase your following distance, don’t slam on the brakes and you’ll really be fine.

especially up here, where the roads are cleared and sanded/salted within an hour or two of the snow stopping.

stupid always finds a way, though.

it’s always amazed me, really.

it seems so simple: don’t go out out in the middle of the storm, slow down, increase your following distance, don’t slam on the brakes and you’ll really be fine.

especially up here, where the roads are cleared and sanded/salted within an hour or two of the snow stopping.

stupid always finds a way, though.
I laughed at the footage of Buffalo, all the people that were stuck. You're getting three inches of snow an hour and you drive a Prius. Maybe don't try to drive in it?

I laughed at the footage of Buffalo, all the people that were stuck. You're getting three inches of snow an hour and you drive a Prius. Maybe don't try to drive in it?
Texas is the best. They get 1/2" and you'll see multi car pile-ups of all wheel drive vehicles.

images (10).jpeg

Texas is the best. They get 1/2" and you'll see multi car pile-ups of all wheel drive vehicles.
AZ is no better, maybe worse.

Seriously. We get 0.1" of rain and people become incompetent morons on the road. then they go up to 7k feet in the mountains in their little Camrys and Civics and other totally idiotic FWD POSboxes and try to drive like they're ice road truckers. AZ doesn't use salt or chemicals, we use cinders. Know what cinders do to help snow melt and dry roads? Jack squat. So you have grippy slush during the day, and ice sheets at night at freeway speeds because in AZ, everyone drives 20 over posted. Always. Add in that Flagstaff is a college town, and you have thousands of young drivers who have no winter weather driving experience at all trying to do all of this in a town that's full of main roads with hilly terrain.

Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom