Which BYC member scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZ is no better, maybe worse.

Seriously. We get 0.1" of rain and people become incompetent morons on the road. then they go up to 7k feet in the mountains in their little Camrys and Civics and other totally idiotic FWD POSboxes and try to drive like they're ice road truckers. AZ doesn't use salt or chemicals, we use cinders. Know what cinders do to help snow melt and dry roads? Jack squat. So you have grippy slush during the day, and ice sheets at night at freeway speeds because in AZ, everyone drives 20 over posted. Always. Add in that Flagstaff is a college town, and you have thousands of young drivers who have no winter weather driving experience at all trying to do all of this in a town that's full of main roads with hilly terrain.

Fun times.
Where you all in such a hurry to be? I hardly ever get over the speed limit.
Every time someone passes me I think man they must love their job cause I'm in no hurry to get to mine.

Where you all in such a hurry to be? I hardly ever get over the speed limit.
Every time someone passes me I think man they must love their job cause I'm in no hurry to get to mine.
I haven't quite figured that out. It may be the general AZ mindset of "we don't like being told what to do", it may be that the roads are well maintained, flat, wide, and stretch for miles ahead of you. Could be it's an unwritten rule that as long as you're neither blowing away or impeding the traffic, the cops will look the other way (and often pass you at 10 over whatever you're doing as well). Could also be we're all just homicidal maniacs who are one "use your blinker, moron!" mental step away from a road rage incident...

Could be a mix of all of them and more. I love the sensation of speed, but I don't need to go everywhere like I'm racing for points at Talladega. I really enjoy driving the bug during the winter for that reason. it "feels" fast with the noise and the windows open and the primitive controls, even though it's really not a fast car at all. Flat out it'll probably do 85 tops, and it's happiest about 70 on the freeway. I have to be a lot more careful with the stinger though. That one feels like 65 until you pass someone like they're standing still and realize you're north of triple digits on the speedometer.

Taking a break, guys, at least for the holidays. Please don't get my thread shut down while I'm gone, lol 😘
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I missed you! Bye Isa and have all the happy holidays!
Smokey and the Bandit
I love that movie.
Now, by the time I get home, when I go gather eggs, they’re all on the roost.
Same. I peep on them every other day and top up food as needed. They get watered on the weekend.
David Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

@ronott1 is the resident authority on all things sourdough.
Ooo.
Is that what you call hoar frost? Or frozen stinkers?
Texas is the best. They get 1/2" and you'll see multi car pile-ups of all wheel drive vehicles.
Texas is literally the worst. We are all morons if there is any precipitation of any sort. Or wrecks. Or construction. Basically, all drivers in Texas suck for all the reasons.
AZ is no better, maybe worse.

Seriously. We get 0.1" of rain and people become incompetent morons on the road. then they go up to 7k feet in the mountains in their little Camrys and Civics and other totally idiotic FWD POSboxes and try to drive like they're ice road truckers. AZ doesn't use salt or chemicals, we use cinders. Know what cinders do to help snow melt and dry roads? Jack squat. So you have grippy slush during the day, and ice sheets at night at freeway speeds because in AZ, everyone drives 20 over posted. Always. Add in that Flagstaff is a college town, and you have thousands of young drivers who have no winter weather driving experience at all trying to do all of this in a town that's full of main roads with hilly terrain.

Fun times.
Or how none of you stop at stop signs. You just slowly roll through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom