Which came first "The Chicken OR The Egg" ?? VOTE

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cluckcluckluke, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

im surprised there hasn't already been a thread on this, but here we go[​IMG][​IMG]

Which came FIRST The Chicken OR The Egg?- This is going to be a vote to 100 either vote "Chicken" OR "Egg" if chicken has been posted 100 times then the Chicken came first but if the egg is posted 100 times then the Egg came first.

This can also be a place for a good discussion on "which came first" (eg: evolution, the need to change etc), and when you post egg or chicken tell us "WHY" you think that one.

VOTE NOW!![​IMG]

2. RoosterAddict99

RoosterAddict99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2012
    Chicken (because that is the Christian view I was raised with)

1 person likes this.
  3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    There have been several, they just tend to get locked because they end up as an argument about creationism versus evolution rather than a discussion.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    How about intermediate ancestral species? LOL Does that count? In all honesty, I think eggs were around way before chickens, so in that respect I suppose I would say the egg.

5. cluckcluckluke

oh, so should i shut this down then?

6. DaikaijuTorira

DaikaijuTorira Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    Bradenton, Florida
    I think it wouldn't be a problem to keep it going, as long as it doesn't get into an argument, religion vs. science or otherwise, just my opinion, not my place to say though.

Adding my vote: Both.
    If there are potential chickens inside eggs, and potential eggs inside chickens, then no matter which came first, they came together. ;)

7. cluckcluckluke

oh clever [​IMG] i like your style of thinking

8. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I vote for this one! The modern day chicken had to evolve from somewhere, which means that the first chicken hatched out of an egg. BUTTT, British scientists say that chickens have a special protein to make them chickens, which means that this "chicken" that hatched out of the egg was probably a defect of a different species, which may mean that the chicken came first...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3823868...which-came-first-chicken-or-egg/#.UGBhihjWMdU

9. EggieRowe

EggieRowe Chillin' With My Peeps

Love it! Its like "potential" chicken in relation to "kinetic" chicken...LOL!

10. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    The egg came first. Eggs have been around a lot longer than chickens have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by