Which camera should I get?? (Ive narrowed it down to 2!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mahsmaj, Oct 3, 2010.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    I need help on deciding what camera to get. Ive narrowed it down to two, the Sony DSC-T99 or the Sony Cyber-Shot H55. I'm liking the black cameras. The prices for both are the same at walmart. Its just so hard to choose!! So thats why I came here, to ask my fellow chicken lovers for some suggestions and decision making help!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I think that I would go for the Sony Cyber-shot H55

I like the panoramic feature.

3. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    They both have the panoramic feature too... See why its so hard for me to choose?? [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I don't know. What did your mother do to you as a child? [​IMG]

Please forgive me. it probably doesn't make any difference which camera you choose. So it becomes a einny mennie miney moe kind of game. I do know that it won't make a difference once you buy one.

At least you have it down it to two cameras of the the same manufactures. I would pick the camera that was the last one released by the manufacture. That way I would know that I bought the latest technology that I could afford. Sony is a great brand. I have always been happy with their cameras., until I kill them of course. That's a different story.

5. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    H55.

Better optical zoom, and on some things, I prefer physical buttons. The T99 is mostly touch screen.

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The H55 just looks better built to me.

7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Get which ever one has the best battery life, it is very annoying to have to change them out or recharge, i have 2 sony cameras and they have rechargeable batteries,i can take tons of photos before recharging.

Sony's are wonderful camers all the way around.

Good luck with your choice.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    H55

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm a big fan of the cybershot series. I have one that is about 7 or 8 years old and that thing is still going strong. I've passed it onto my mom since I've moved on to larger cameras!

The cybershot has a better zoom, and looks like it will take better pictures over all. I think you would get more for your money by going with that camera.

10. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Best test to be sure - go to Walmart and take photos with each (w/o flash), then see how long it takes to take the next photo. This is recovery time and something not too many people think about until after they have bought the camera. I would go with which ever has the faster recovery time.

Also take a photo with flash and see how long before you can take the next one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by