Which Cell Phone Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DragonEggs, Nov 2, 2010.

1. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Well, I trust my fellow BYCers so much and have turned to you all for every answer regarding the animals, so I figured, why not on this too?

I have NEVER had a smart phone, but am considering one for the first time.

We use sprint, and after many horror stories I will NEVER get a Samsung phone again.

So after much debate and research I hve narrowed it down to 2 phones....

Either the more traditional style phone I am use to: The Lotus Elite

or

The advanced android smart phone: The Sanyo Zio

So far the Lotus has GREAT reviews and the Zio has really bad ones, but the Zio is still so new its hard to judge by that alone. When I played with it in store it seemed complicated (because Ive never used a smart phone or touch screen before) and like it would take some time to figure out but seemed cool overall.

Does anyone have experience with either of these phones? My dad really wants me to get a smart phone and I like it and all but Im leaning more towards the simplicity of the Lotus...

What do you guys think?

Here are the links to Sprints website for the phones.

Lotus

Zio

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Ok I have a smartphone with Verizon and wish I had Sprint so I could get an HTC evo. Sorry don't know about the other one but I have the HTC incredible and love it. The evo is basically the same phone only bigger display and has a few more features. I say go for the Android. Great phones. This post was answered on the HTC incredible.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  3. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    I love my Iphone, but if you want something on sprint the EVO 4G is a nice phone. [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I have to change cell providers and I have been looking at phones until I am blind.

I make a few calls and text a little.

I just want a phone with a way to call someone and with text capabilities.

That's it.

5. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Well the first question is who is your provider? Then the next would be do you want a keyboard? Last one is.if you were to get a smartphone, and realized all the wonderful things they really can do, would you get one? My example I use for Kk.e. time was critical when our 14 year old had a heat stroke this summer. He is a big boy, 6 foot 3 almost and 205 lbs. If I had waited to boot up my computer to help with treating him it could have done way worse damage in that small amount of time. I am extremely happy I got mine. Another would be hose times you actually want to look up a word meaning or sometbing lime that and it is all at your fingers reach.

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I have a bad attitude about this right now....ATT sucks and they piss me off. So I don't know what I should do let alone suggest something to you. I am thinking of getting a cheap phone from straight talk, net ten, boost mobile and getting the unlimited talk and text.

I agree with that about samsung personal experiences right here....I will not ever get a samsung again either. I would go to www.letstalk,com if you have a provider already. If you don't have a contract or don't want one do the above.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  7. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    We are with sprint and unfortunatly it's a buisness contract through my dads buisness. I pay for my new phone, but he pays for the service.

Money is also an issue here. With upgrade the Lotus is only 29.99 but the Zio is 99.99. I definitly can't afford much more than that! THe zio has a digital keyboard instead of a slide out full qwerty, the Lotus has a qwerty, but that doesnt really matter to me because I'm still use to keypad txting. Apps dont really seem like a big deal to me because for one Ive never used them before, and they just seem like pointless fun ways to waste some time. I wish I could get an iPhone. Warcraft has an app for those.... Anyway, not a fan of the HTC phones. My dad had one and hated it.

So those are the 2 phones IM torn between...

8. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:If you are eligible or any line is on that business plan seriously then go to letstalk.com they give free phones with contract....that is what I would do and I just may again. You have to click on sprint phones and make sure you pick the right things like primary phone on account you are renewing family plan? I have to talk to them to get me in the right spot and see what phone are better the primary line usually gets better options....and you can always change the phone that is due for an upgrade to your number after you get it.

Good luck!

9. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    I have the Lotus Elite and despise it. The keyboard is difficult to use since the keys are so tiny and close together. I also don't like the way websites download to it. The text is hard to read and the links are tough to find and follow. I'm looking at getting an htc once our house stops spending all our money [​IMG]

Run from the Lotus Elite!

10. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I'm on Verizon, and have the Droid Eris - I can't believe how much I use the apps on it. I love the navigation system on it, and I use the GPS tracking system for when I go for walks on my property - I can mark places I want to go back to later and it will take me right there. I can check my mail, play on Facebook, move money in my bank account, post on BYC etc. When I was stuck in the hospital for days, I was on it all the time, surfing the web. The browser works very nicely.

I like my Droid more than the iPhone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by