Which chicken breed makes the best pet?

Chickies100

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2023
I keep chickens for eggs and meat but i’m looking for more of a pet. Which breeds have the best personalities as well as looks?

I keep chickens for eggs and meat but i’m looking for more of a pet. Which breeds have the best personalities as well as looks?
Cochins polish and old English were some of my most friendly and personable little chickens ever ♥️♥️♥️ old English come in so many beautiful colors as well my favorite would have to be the red pyles

Of the breeds Texasclucker mentioned, I've only had Cochins. But, I agree that they are quite friendly and total characters. One of my Buff Cochins likes to tap me -- not a bite or a peck, just a gentle tap -- if she thinks I need to pay attention to her and only her.

And, they score a 10 in the looks department. Who can resist those fluffy feather piles?

I think most bantam breeds work in that regard. I've never had bantam cochins, but I've heard many people on here say how good they are, they're really pretty too. Some other breeds you could look into would be Serama, D'Uccle, D'Anvers, polish, and if you're not necessarily looking for a chicken, silkies

I think most bantam breeds work in that regard. I've never had bantam cochins, but I've heard many people on here say how good they are, they're really pretty too. Some other breeds you could look into would be Serama, D'Uccle, D'Anvers, polish, and if you're not necessarily looking for a chicken, silkies
I forgot D’uccles and I love D’Anvers all the same all of those are extreme sweethearts of chicken breeds not to mention those fluffy little cheeks ♥️

Back
Top Bottom