Which Chicken Breeds Sell Best?

Pics

CountingChickens

Songster
Jun 24, 2021
Louisville, KY
I apologize if this question has been asked before but couldn't find it if it has. I am looking into starting a small local hatchery in Louisville, Kentucky. I just can't stop. I love chickens so much and the love keepa growing! So my question is which breeds would be the best to breed that will sell?

I would think one that is more rare to find and not often available to make the most profit. But I also want one that would be friendly and on the cuddlier side, of course! Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated! Thank you!

I apologize if this question has been asked before but couldn't find it if it has. I am looking into starting a small local hatchery in Louisville, Kentucky. I just can't stop. I love chickens so much and the love keepa growing! So my question is which breeds would be the best to breed that will sell?

I would think one that is more rare to find and not often available to make the most profit. But I also want one that would be friendly and on the cuddlier side, of course! Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated! Thank you!
Do you plan on getting NPIP certified?

That is a subjective question, and different places have different preferences.

I for example love exotics and oddities (pheonixes, naked necks, long crowers, mosaics). Ask almost anyone else that raises chickens near me, they'll tell you hybrids for eggs or CornishX
Thank you for your response. I'll keep this mind!

Back
Top Bottom