Which chickens are best?

Quote:
I'm not partial to bantams but it's not a big deal. I can't stand feather feathered legged birds because they seem "unkept". I live in southern oregon so the heat can go from 110 degrees F to -10 in the course of a year. So far this is great info. Please keep it coming!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I vote Delawares for both ..... they are on the endangered list, and are just a step above, "critical." They are great layers, and they are rarely seen at shows. Sweetest temperament you can imagine (from a breeder, not from a hatchery).

Good luck!

to answer the leghorn question..white outlay all the other colors and they also lay the largest egg of all the colors.Colored legs are pretty but once you get hooked on the white's abilities the pretty ones are just that.
There is no best breed...we have had several of the "best" breeds that we sold for our own reasons..some we just didn't care for..others we found were overrated as layers etc so my suggestion is try a bunch of them and see what YOU like and what works best for you.
One of my blue wheaten's..Levi my blue wheaten Ameraucana roo not the best picture but one I have uploaded
35655_levi_aug_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom