Which chickens are the quietest

My Silkie hens are quiet & my Silkie roo is just gabby - bock, bock, bock - just chatting. My Polish are super quiet. My silver spangled Hamburgs are absolutely silent, but not interactive with people.

ooh yeah..thanks baycitybabe..my silver spangled hamburg never makes a noise either...
hu.gif
...actually, that is one strange bird....wont come near a person..just weird..

You folks have quiet silkies?!?!?!? Mine are a cacophony of ear-splitting noise from sun up to sun down. i have one silkie hen who screams like a banshee unless she is laying an egg or broody. i had one silkie rooster with an ear-splitting crow that had to go 250 miles away to a 300 acre farm. i can STILL hear him!

The only bird i have that is quiet is my polish hen. She just stumbles around mumbling under her breath (probably about all the noise everyone else is making).

Our Light Brahmas are pretty quiet until they are laying an egg. Then they get pretty darn loud. When we had full blooded Silkies they were also pretty quiet. Our roo had a very muffled sounding crow!

My buff brahmas are extremely quiet. My light brahma hens run their mouths from the time they see me in the morning until I close them up in the coop at night. My dark brahma hens make a sweet little peeping noise, but no bawking. Jezebel, my biggest light, walks around talking to herself.

Back
Top Bottom