Which Cochin roo has better type and are either show quality?

SpeckledPullet

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Northeast Florida
I have two roosters and only want to keep one. I'd like opinions on which is the better bird and if either are of show quality. Color and feather type (one is frizzled) do not matter to me - strictly type. However, I'm having a very hard time telling the type on the frizzle since the feathers are so different. This is my first frizzle and I'm far from knowledgeable as it is.
tongue.png
He has not been bathed and his feathers are a bit oily, which doesn't help either.

They are both bantam cochins. The solid black is 1.5-2 years of age. The frizzle is not even a year old yet.

Also, the frizzle I thought was blue. However, after his last molt I noticed a few white tips to his feathers around his feet and one on each wing tip. Is he going to mottle out?

Here is the solid black roo:

Here is the frizzle cockeral:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Go with the non frizzle. I don't think frizzle and Cochin go together. Actually I don't think frizzle and anything go together.
lol.png

Racuda - I actually think the Frizzle isn't quite as long, but the way his feathers lay make him look longer. Or am I imagining things? That IS a possibility, haha.

Draye - LOL, I actually like frizzles. They're neat in a very odd sort of way
lol.png

I would keep the smooth male, but they are a little far from SQ though! IMO

I dont know that the one will be mottled... COULD! but some strains of of black/blue do get white tips and usually this means that they will carry a good green sheen.

Back
Top Bottom