Which Drake should I keep?

farmerhez

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
So I currently have 5 Khaki cambells. 3 Hens, 2 Drakes. I also have 10 Pekins. I plan on keeping 6 ducks all together, 1 Drake and 5 hens. So my question is which of the two Cambell Drakes should I keep? One of them has a light yellow-green bill and two hens that follow him around, the second has a slightly darker bill and only one hen that follows him.
I'd like to choose the "perfect" one, if it even matters. Which one would you choose and why?

So I currently have 5 Khaki cambells. 3 Hens, 2 Drakes. I also have 10 Pekins. I plan on keeping 6 ducks all together, 1 Drake and 5 hens. So my question is which of the two Cambell Drakes should I keep? One of them has a light yellow-green bill and two hens that follow him around, the second has a slightly darker bill and only one hen that follows him.
I'd like to choose the "perfect" one, if it even matters. Which one would you choose and why?
I was in a similar situation with my welshies at one point...predator made the choice for me😂

Unfortunately I haven't had khakis, good luck!

Are they for breeding or is it more of a backyard pet. If you don't care about looks, I would go with the male who is least pushy, lower in the pack and more gentle. From my experience, the more pushy males have made my females' lives miserable. They end up not staying with me long. Anyway, it depends on what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom