Which eggs to use?

cornfedhogedito

Songster
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
California USA
If this is in the wrong spot I am sorry. Please put it where it needs to be or let me know where to post it at! Thanks.

I am wanting to hatch some eggs that my ladies are giving me. The eggs are different sizes and I only want to hatch out the biggest eggs. But, the biggest eggs have been double yolk, this just started. She has been laying now for 6 months. So what should I do? Take a chance on the eggs hatching and hope for the best or wait till I start getting single yolkers on a more regular base? I believe they are New Hampshire Reds as they look more like them then RR's.

Thanks everyone

If this is in the wrong spot I am sorry. Please put it where it needs to be or let me know where to post it at! Thanks.

I am wanting to hatch some eggs that my ladies are giving me. The eggs are different sizes and I only want to hatch out the biggest eggs. But, the biggest eggs have been double yolk, this just started. She has been laying now for 6 months. So what should I do? Take a chance on the eggs hatching and hope for the best or wait till I start getting single yolkers on a more regular base? I believe they are New Hampshire Reds as they look more like them then RR's.

Thanks everyone
Candle them to check to make sure that they are single yokes and then select the ones that are close to the "natural" shape of an egg as possible. No extremely rounded or oblong ones since they tend to have chicks with more difficulty hatching. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom